Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Surveying The Soundscape

Maybe the Best Of The Decade lists took more out of me than I thought - or perhaps I'm now listening to everything with a much more critical standard, but I'm not feeling it with 2010 yet. There's been some decent stuff that's come out this year, but I haven't connected with much of it.

Best of the batch so far is the Lightspeed Champion album, Life Is Sweet! Nice To Meet You. and the new Quasi record which is much improved over the last couple of so-so efforts. I want to get excited about the Lonelady debut, since she has created some awesome singles in the past, but the best songs were recut and aren't as immediately brilliant.

I still need more time with the new Laura Veirs and These New Puritans discs too, but there's some good stuff within.

Here's some Lightspeed and Quasi for you to chew on while I mull over what to rant about next.

No comments:

Post a Comment