Thursday, February 18, 2010

Welcome Back!: Quasi

Even though the last couple of records didn't really do it for me, I'm happy to see Portland's finest duo (errrm, make that trio!) re-emerge with a rockin' new song.

Repulsion is the unhinged rave-up you want from Sam Coombes, full of sass and fire. Sam's back on the guitar thing (oh, how I miss the skronky old Roxichord, though) and he's cranking it up.

There's a definite joyful verve to this punker, especially when the various members fall into the chorus at different times. For some bands, this might seem like a blown take, but for Quasi, it's all (messed-up) good.

The new album is supposedly imminent and live shows will certainly ensue. (But, please tell me that they'll be reprising the Quasi Sings The Who set that they did in Portland. Having seen them play Pictures Of Lily ages ago, I'm ready for a full night of that action!)


No comments:

Post a Comment