Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Records From 2010 That I Slept On Until 2011

Please don't make the same mistake and ignore:

  • Tame Impala - Innerspeaker (Dreamy psychedelic wigouts that get better with each listen. Why Don't You Make Up Your Mind is one for the ages and Jeremy's Storm is a beautiful tangle.)
  • The Soft Pack - S/T (Super caffeinated garage rock. You need the whole thing but Answer To Yourself and C'Mon are powerpop with attitude, thanks to Dave Koe for this one!)
  • Nina Nastasia - Outlaster (Another spooky, mysterious gem from Nina N. and a return to form after the dissonant You Follow Me)
  • Deerhunter - Halycon Digest (I think I'm guilty of Deer confusion, probably like a lot of people. Just to set it straight, I'm not so much into Deerhook or Deer Tick, I'm into the one that makes understated indie pop with fragile melodies and crystalline guitar sounds)
  • Weekend - Sports (I hate to say goth but it's goth in the ancestral sense of Joy Division and Bauhaus with added menace.)

(After I listed Deerhunter, I realized that I failed to get around to listening to the new Atlas Sound album yet, so that'll likely be on my list of Records From 2011 That I Slept On Until 2012. The queue starts here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment